Record and mix
- VST plug-in manager Quickly enable or disable specific VST plug-ins, optimizing performance.
- Auto crossfades and clip fade handles Simply overlap clips to crossfade them, and adjust fade curves with on-clip handles.
- Improved multitrack editing Efficiently edit sessions with these key enhancements:
- Collectively trim and fade grouped clips.
- Ripple-delete ranges of clips, instantly removing time gaps.
- Adjust selected ranges of automation points.
- Duplicate the contents of entire tracks, including clips, effects, and automation.
- Simultaneously view all input and output levels to comprehensively monitor a mix.
- XML session support Save sessions to XML format and other shared standards for multitrack applications.
- Mix down directly to Edit View Quickly output a session directly to Edit View, without first exporting a file.
- Video previews for surround mixes Watch a preview in the Video panel while adjusting mixes in the Surround Encoder.
Create and arrange
- MIDI tracks and piano-roll editor Import, record, and edit MIDI, and output it through VST instruments or hardware synthesizers.
- New effects Explore creative sonic possibilities with Convolution Reverb, Analog Delay, Guitar Suite, and other new effects.
- Radius time-stretching from iZotope Access industry-standard algorithms in the updated Stretch effect, as well as the File Info and Audio Clip Looping dialog boxes.
- Bitmap audio images Export spectral graphs for detailed editing in an image-editor like Adobe Photoshop®. Or, import visually-oriented graphics as source material for experimental sound designs.
- Improved CD ripping Automatically import track information from your favorite CD database.
- Enhanced file sorting Sort files by track number, or by the date they were opened or created.
- Customizable workspaces Tint panels and dialog boxes to suit your working style. Add favorite commands to the shortcut bar.
Edit and master
- Spot Healing Brush Quickly brush over artifacts to seamlessly remove them.
- Effects Paintbrush Create free-form selections, and layer brush strokes to determine the intensity of effects.
- Marquee pan and phase selections Process discrete stereo information such as center-panned vocals in Spectral Pan Display or out-of-phase audio in Spectral Phase Display.
- Play spectral selections Play back selected frequency, pan, and phase ranges to precisely restore and process audio.
- On-clip fade and gain controls Visually adjust selections or entire files.
- Top/Tail View Fine-tune loop transitions by simultaneously viewing the beginning and end of files.
- Mastering effect Optimize audio for maximum impact with a series of professional processors.
- Adaptive noise reduction Quickly correct a wide range of variable broadband noise.
- Graphic Panner Visually adjust the stereo field to enhance spatial perception.
- Play lists Organize and play marker ranges for live performance and broadcast.
- Efficient file opening and saving Specify default formats for Open and Save As dialog boxes, and quickly save groups of files to one format.